29 September, 2009

Uniquely ADD

Being school holidays. I usually like to take advantage of the fact that there is no pressing need to rise too early from by 'beauty' sleep. Apart from getting up to make my wonderful hubby tea and farewell him into the rat-race. I normally (and I use that word normally, loosely, because, as you may begin to see a pattern relating to me ~ there is NOTHING normal about me! And if you ever happen to find out anything 'normal' about me, please do let me know, then burn all evidence immediately!)


Anyway, as I was saying when I was rudely interrupted by one of my many 'rabbit-trails'.. And I refer to 'rabbit-TRAILS' here. Not, the ever present 'rabbit-TAILS', which are of the more complex and revolving (not to be confused with revolting) kind ~ more fuzzy and, well, rabbit tail like. Also... lets not even get started with the RABID-tails... because, so far, I'm in a good mood today! I suspect the 'trails' and the 'tails' are having a battle this morning... but give it time.


Now, where were we? Oh yes, the glorious holiday 'sleep in's'.... I was settling in for one of those epic morning sleeps. The ones that carry you into a soft, fluffy, dream land that is rarely experience at night (when you are SUPPOSED to sleep!).


Ok, for the record. Just before my morning, epic, fluffy 'lie-ins', I take my med's (Ritalin for adults ADHD ~ and if you question my need for the med's.... some, may just have to question your logic). Med's taken so I wont actually 'fluff' away the WHOLE day, just a half hour or so. So, there I was, dozing into beautiful oblivion. Tasting from the fruits of lazy-dozy. When I was rudely awoken.... and can you guess who/what I was rudely awoken by?!
My crazy, beautiful mind!! The med's have kicked in!!
And now I have arisen with a furious desire for creativity. This
overwhelming,
insatiable,
semi-controllable

desire to write, paint, plan, bake, garden etc etc...



So here I sit, with my hair looking as though it recently experienced a very nasty electric shock, sleep crusting my eyeballs, and a wonderful desire to star in the 'Sound of Music', singing something about hills and being alive etc etc.


And the day begins. With a jolt, as usual. With a wonderful feeling of well being. Praising God for who I am, because if I didn't I may just... not. Adi. Or if you prefer... ADD. That's me. In all my glory! That's me. Rabbit-tails and rabbit tails, and sometimes even RABID tails!
Its me. The mum, of, not one. But TWO gorgeous boys. Both uniquely like me.

Both, uniquely, ADD!


1 comment:

  1. I am just LOL over here... you are adorable. I'm delighted to meet you and look forward to building a friendship as sisters in Christ and laughing and loving our way through life.

    ReplyDelete